Introduction to the work of Wilfred Bion
This short online course, run by the Institute of Psychoanalysis and devised by Chris Mawson, will give you an outline of Bion’s core ideas, their theoretical relevance and applications.
The course consists of short recorded lectures, a transcript of the lectures, study questions, suggested readings and a glossary of terms.
Students will have access to all of these materials at any time, for the duration of the course, giving them the freedom to follow the course at their own pace.
- Lecture one: Who was Wilfred Bion?
- Lecture two: Bion’s early work with groups
- Lecture three: Bion’s work with patients in psychotic states
- Lecture four: The domain of K
- Lecture five: Bion’s later work
There are two intakes this year, starting 1 July and 1 September.